Background x tweel ssl skidsteer Help and Advice
"TWEEL" airless technology
Break free from maintenance constraints and risks of punctures with our MICHELIN X®TWEEL® range designed for
small construction and handling machines (compact/skid steer loaders).
Edito tweel technology focus Help and Advice
Tweel®, our airless radial tyre technology in one single fitted unit
MICHELIN® TWEEL® is a complete wheel + airless radial tyre fitted unit: can in certain applications replace the conventional wheel and tyre assembly.
The key components of this innovative solution are:
• Tread optimised for the intended use.
• High-resistance poly-resin spokes which support weight and absorb impacts, helping make the ride smoother, and provide an energy transfer that reduces tyre bounce.
• A two-piece reinforced steel hub.
There is no need for complex wheel/tyre mounting equipment. Once fitted, there is no air pressure to maintain. In some specific applications, our tweel tyres can perform the same tasks as a traditional pneumatic tyre, but without the inconveniences and downtime associated with punctures.
The MICHELIN X®TWEEL® SSL range
To fit to compact (skid steer) loaders and light construction vehicles, we have developed three products designed for their specific conditions of use:
• X®TWEEL® SSL All Terrain for construction
• X®TWEEL® SSL Hard Surface for handling
• X®TWEEL® SSL Hard Surface Traction for handling on uneven terrain
As well as eliminating the risk of punctures and reducing maintenance requirements, the X®TWEEL® SSL range offers great stability and more comfort for the driver, while also boosting productivity.
Edito X Tweel range Help and Advice
X®TWEEL® SSL HST ; X®TWEEL® SSL HS ; X®TWEEL® SSL AT
MICHELIN® X®TWEEL® SSL IN ACTION
MICHELIN® X® TWEEL® SSL airless tyres are ideal for small construction sites or industrial and agricultural handling, fitted to compact (Skid Steer) loaders such as the Bobcat.